The Practical Lean Six Sigma Pocket Guide – Using the A3 and Lean Thinking to Improve Operational Performance in ANY Industry, ANY Time
By: Rob Ptacek, Todd Sperl, and Jayant Trewn, PhD
The Practical Lean Six Sigma Pocket Guide is designed as a convenient, quick reference, and, most importantly, a step-by-step implementation guide. You can put your finger on any tool within a matter of seconds! Find the right tool for the right initiative by using the:
- Navigate the Prepare - Define - Measure - Analyze - Improve - Control right side book tabs.
- Complete the A3 Project Report as you learn and apply the various tools on the project by:
1. Go to the tab in the book that corresponds to the D-M-A-I-C Phase you are working on.
2. Read about the tools for that phase of your project.
3. Apply the appropriate tools.
4. Complete the relevant section of the A3 Project Report.
5. Repeat 1 - 4 as you navigate through the phases and complete your project.
- Use the Case Study Example Look-Ahead and Tool Grid Matrix to direct you to specific pages with examples or case studies.
- Use the Index for quick access to a specific topic or tool.
The tools are presented in a sequence that you would most likely first encounter using that particular tool. However, many tools are used repeatedly throughout the D-M-A-I-C Phases. For example, Effective
Meetings and Project Management are introduced in the Define Phase but will be most likely used in each of the phases, the Run Chart is introduced in the Analyze Phase and will most likely be used (or updated) in the Control Phase, and so forth.
The improvement tools and standard methodology used must be tailored to the facility, department, and/or process in which they will be used. The following icons will be your navigator throughout the sections of this book. Also, each phase refers back to the appropriate section of the A3 Project Report.
Spiral Bound - 3.5” x 5.5” – 286 pages – 100+ Illustrations, Forms, Worksheets, Digital Photos of Lean Sigma Practices, Lean Thinking Statements, Glossary, and Waste Audit